September 23, 2007

hols...don't you just luv em?

There's something about the first week of the school hols for me...I think it's called exhaustion...physical, emotional, intellectual maybe even spiritual... so I spend much of the first week sleeping or at least in a sleepy state. With Aaron around power naps are out of the question so I've basically been in go-slow mode as such there's not a great deal to report really.

I did a lot of washing today and some digging in the garden. The soil I've been turning over has been compacted down over time and didn't want me disturbing it, but once I got through the initial crust it wasn't bad at all, lovely sandy loam and just right for my newest garden bed. At this stage I'm just preparing areas and hoping that at some time I'll get round to putting plants in.

As for the rest of the week we were hoping to go away for a few days but medical experts have said "no" due to Aaron's current condition, we'll see how we go for next week. Tomorrow I'm going to tidy up the garage so I can put my car away again and do some more digging as I find that quite therapeutic.

See ya

No comments: