December 05, 2007

enjoying the fruits of my labour

This may seem trivial to most but we are already picking veggies from the garden. The basil is a prolific grower and I've taken to giving it away. A few bag fulls have already earned dinner invitations - for basil on freshly caught snapper at one location (mmm this may tempt my vegetarian ethics) and a veggie pasta dish at another. I'm also promised a jar of basil and rocquet pesto - if only my rocquet would grow at the same rate!!!
We have enjoyed our first zuccinni (grilled on the bbq with - you guessed it - basil). I've recently picked squash, tomatoes and carrots although I haven't tasted them yet.
I've also used my own parsely, coriander and oregano in various dishes. It's really a shame I can't cook!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done you cant beat the taste of home grown