June 24, 2007

One Week To Go

One week until the school hols. This feels like a very long term but not in a bad way as I've really enjoyed the work, but I do feel ready for a break. Nic has left us one week early to explore the wilds of Vietnam (apparently she's doing the not-so-wild westernised version so she's no doubt living it up in 5 star luxury - I hope). This apparently leaves me in charge -oops - so I've promised to wear the knee high boots I bought when we absconded from city school and even to find a head band so everyone thinks I'm her (bit of an in-joke really not at all funny if you don't know Nic!!!)


On the house front there's not a great deal to tell. Our new table finally arrived - and not a moment too soon, along with the coffee table. Living room now looks a lot more lived in and the dining area looks a lot less dangerous (old table and chairs in various states of decay resulted in a few close calls with our valued guests) of course with the Myer sale on we were obliged to get some lovely table wear, I stuck with the natural tones and ventured into olive green territory with some lovely bamboo (smells like the sea grass mats my grandma had in England) place mats and runner and two sets of coasters. As for a the garden, the plants are growing incredibly fast and mum is taking me out next weekend for my feng shui oriented housewarming gift.



Last weekend Sarah had her concert. She was very stressed in the week leading up to it and was worried she wouldn't get to the theatre on time so I nearly had to take her even though it was her mum's weekend, fortunately I was able to talk her out of it as it's an awful lot of running around - I don't mind doing it when it's my turn but seeing as I'm the one that takes her to rehearsals and waits around for two hours every week I thought it was a little unfair. I do understand why she was stressed though so I wouldn't have said no if she insisted. (I'm so weak!!!)
The concert went wonderfully well, Sar performed songs from Calamity Jane (yes we rented it in the preceding week) and The Little Mermaid (flashback to Dee's childhood when she was obsessed with the Little Mermaid). Sarah also had to learn the theme song from High School Musical and a few others for the encore. She loves high school musical so I think she practiced that more than her performance numbers.


On Sunday I had the place to myself so I managed to find my way to the gym, walk Max and visit mum. I took Max to mum's with me which was great. It anyone ever doubts the validity of pet therapy then they should have seen how mum cheered up when she saw that Beagle, it was magic. I really worry about mum since she lost Keshia and Lister and I'm planning to get her a cockatiel for company.
This weekend Aaron has been working night shift so Sarah and I have tried to stay out of his way and be as quiet as we could. Friday night - early night! Saturday we went to Switch for breakfast to meet Caz. Bit of an embarrassing moment as we sat there waiting and waiting and waiting, not realising that Caroline too was sat there waiting and waiting and waiting on the other side of the half wall. Typical us really. Still we had a great time, Sarah and I had hit Borders before hand to get Caroline's birthday present (Happy birthday Caz). We found a great book called 1001 Questions. I also bought the Caged Virgin for me and two Go-Girl books for Sarah. Breakfast was pretty ordinary, neither the service nor standard of food has improved since I was last in Switch which reminded me why I stopped going. However, the company was great!
After that we went home, walked Max, had lunch with Aaron then tootled off to the DVD library. That night I went and collected mum from home and she watched Music and Lyrics with us...I love Drew!!!! - a very cute movie! Mum stayed over which was nice. I walked Max in the morning then headed to the shops for the all exciting grocery shopping. I decided to give Aldi one more try but honestly, there's hardly anything there and any cheap food is cheap because it's chock full of gluten and other unhealthy fillers - so it was back to Safeway for me. I popped into Big W to get engine oil and was served by the lovely Jess - my fav student from my homegroup last year.
When I got back I took mum home then Sarah and I headed into town for the rugby. Melbourne played St George and absolutely annihilated them - a good result I'd say. We had great seats although we complained about the sun in our eyes - however, once it was gone it got cold very quickly so I guess you should always be careful what you wish for. I went across to the Ticket booth outside Rod Laver to get tickets for the Essendon game on Friday but it was shut. Sarah has announced she's coming with us so it should be a fun night out for us girls again!
Well I have a busy week ahead so may hit the sack for an early night.
See ya


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The storm and the bombers...you have great taste. Do you have a basketball team.

Anonymous said...

go storm

Wendy said...

Sadly my B Ball team was the Victoria Titans but now they are no more. I figured i should go for the Melbourne Tigers now. Of course if you're talking NBL I was a Utah Jazz fan in a former life but now its the Lakers.

Wendy said...

PS Bomber Boy did you go to the Bombers Demons game last week - what a show stopper eh?