January 25, 2007

Diamonds on the soles of her shoes

I never have thought of myself as a huge Paul Simon fan but I believe this is my second post referencing his work. This particular song has been in my head today as the wonderful, talented and generous Mr Pannell cut our diamonds in the driveway. It looks great but I can see why few people get it done as it is extremely labour intensive. I hope my roast pork was thanks enough, although I don't think it comes close. Peter has done so much for us and I've really enjoyed him staying here (he always says please and thank you and remembers to send compliments to the chef...a very good influence on Aaron).
We have a letter box in progress, I enjoyed laying a course of bricks but I'm glad that ultimately we'll be rendering it. Our electrical fault in the en suite has been fixed up and thankfully, unlike our neighbours, we didn't have to endure two roof fires before it was fixed. Although insulation doesn't burn as such it does stink your house out when exposed to sparks and flames. They have also had flooding since they moved in due to faulty plumbing and further problems when their builders bricked in the wrong wall and they had to wear the cost to fix the mistake!!!! They are lovely people and I'm really glad to have met them. I hope this is the end of their woes with PD.
Tomorrow we celebrate our nation with Australia Day. I'm happy that we're in our home and living the "Australian Dream" as they used to call it. Hopefully the powers that be at the reserve bank won't turn the Australian Dream into a nightmare next time they meet. Everyone is predicting another rate rise but it is an election year so who knows???
Back to work on Monday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all well and good wegs but where are the pics?
glad everything going so smoothly for you