July 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Flippa

Saturday marked Aaron's 35th birthday. It wasn't too far into the day when he revealed how he'd uncovered my plans for a surprise party - in a way it was such a relief. We had a lovely sleep in till almost 10. Sarah came home and we slobbed around at home for a couple of hours. We left in separate cars but then Aaron wanted to meet at Knox for lunch - so we did. Sarah didn't want to get a present for him there so I made my getaway and they went to Roy's for some important X- Box play time.
That gave me about two hours to buy some gifts, shop for the party and get home, still only leaving me a short amount of time to cook, clean up and slap on the war paint.
Keith was the first to arrive followed by Susan and Geoff. I wanted to do the guided tour thing but as I had failed in my mission to find a birthday card with Che on I still had tonnes to do in the kitchen while googling Che and making a card. I achieved!!! Keith blew up balloons and put some on the letter box and Susan ensured that I remained hydrated whilst working so hard...good girl Suuz! Aaron's card looked something like this (in a green frame)

Gradually people started to arrive and finally the guest of honour's body guard arrived yet no birthday boy. Sarah disappeared outside for a while and then eventually I went looking myself. I found him and he said Sarah had said not to come in...what a silly boy.




Anyway he finally came in to a rousing "surprise" (although we knew he wasn't).

It was a great night and a great time to catch up with friends.



Happy birthday babes xxxx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why?

Anonymous said...

Why Che? I don't get it?

Anonymous said...

nice diggs

JOHNOZ said...

nice diggs, how i miss a big county lifestlye

Wendy said...

Hey Anonymous..google "dutch idol rejects" - when you find the video of the dutch idols playing at a soccer stadium check out the big fella in the che t-shirt. He has brought us many hours of laughter over the years.

Wendy said...

Hi John,
great to hear from you, glad you like the house. If you're missing the big country we're only 14-16 hours away and of course you are more than welcome to stay with us :)
I have a place reserved for the tree fern!

Wendy

Wendy said...

...and John,

you should set up a blog on your blogger account so I can see your Oz garden in the UK

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Big Fella

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a happy birthday!
Dee.