October 07, 2006

Back from Never Never Land.

Before I begin the update on the house I want to tell you about the lovely day I have had.
As you could tell from the last post I was feeling a little blue this morning, but things have decidedly improved. Max and I went walking this morning. It was another perfect spring day with clear blue skies, a gentle breeze and many of the tourists staying home to watch Bathurst. So off we went.
Our first point of call was of course Pet Panache. Geoff and Ziggy were on duty. Ziggy as always kept a very close eye on Max while Geoff filled him up with treats. We bought our usual dog food, some carob drops (to help him take his anti-biotics of course) and a fold-away water bowl for when we are walking. Geoff was quite insistent that I go find Sue. So I did. I found her chatting to another shop owner around the corner. We had a lovely wander around the candle shop and enjoyed standing in the sun outside on the decking. Ah sometimes I love living up here. Sue and Geoff are the nicest people we have met. We walked back up to PP with Sue then continued on our way..up past the primary school, around to the mini footy oval, down the stairs across the little patch of forest opposite the Rhody gardens. In the car park a lovely lady stopped us. She had pulled up in her car to see Max, she is a Beagle person and always has to say hello to Beagles (Sarah and I did the same thing the other night to a Beagle outside the pools now that I think of it). Her Beagle is very sad at the moment as she has lost her best friend, a male Boxer (love Boxers too!!!!) who suddenly passed away. Max of course lapped up the attention. We continued on our way, up past the church and back to our road. The single yappy dog on the corner has now been joined by some yappy, chubby Jack Russels, Max was not impressed, I'm sure I saw him laugh!So then we went home and I worked very hard in the garden, until it got too windy and it seemed pointless to continue. There is, as always, a lot to be done as the garden has become a jungle already!

Aaron rang and was disappointed I hadn't been to the house. I felt a bit guilty as he is at work today and I'm home but had chosen not to go because what's the point when nothing is happening??????

Anyway Max and I hopped in the car and drove down. Along the way I had a bit of a "moment" not exactly an epiphany but it was just a light feeling. The sun-light was coming in on an angle as it was getting late in the day. I couldn't help but be amazed at the beauty of the gums along the highway. As the light hit them, all the colours in the bark came out and the green leaves looked stunning against the clear blue sky. Beautiful!!! This moment continued later when I was walking around the estate and then driving home aswell. After looking at the house Max and I went for a walk around the estate. We haven't done it for ages and it is nice to walk past all the new homes and gardens. Well the light was fading even more and we had a stunning sunset. The habitat tree near the park was beautifully silhouetted against the evening sky and there was a real stillness in the air. After going around the houses we walked to a newer part of the development. The space felt so open and calm. As we got back to the car I caught my first glimpse of the moon. Oh it was magnificent. It was still very low in the sky, a full moon, almost perfectly round and shining a rich, orange glow. As I drove home I had a real sense of the vastness of the sky above me and kept catching glimpses of the moon through trees and over hills as we travelled. It was an absolutely stunning end to a beautiful day.
(I didn't take this picture as Ididn't have a tripod in the car but this shot is similar.)

So what about the house??? All is not lost and I'm feeling a tad silly after this morning's hissy fit. When I got to the house I found that the cabinets have indeed been delivered. After all this time it was so exciting to finally see the colours and finishes we picked in the flesh rather than on tiny swatches. I'm so thrilled with how they look as matching colours is certainly not my area of expertise. The doors are all there too waiting to be hung as is the architrave. We have it all, including the kitchen sink. Now I feel much better and I feel like our house will soon be our home.

Here's some pix, sorry if they don't quite capture the excitement of it all...




Bath room and ensuite sinks and cabinets


















Kitchen bench and all important wine rack






Again, from a different angle, also note the drawers












Kitchen again














Max checks out the merchandise














Even the laundry trough (its in my bedroom!)















Architrave and skirting boards











Max gives the house "Two Paws Up".










Thanks to everyone who has donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for A Cure. I'm still looking for on-line sponsors so please click on the link in the side panel. One week to go!!!!

No comments: