October 31, 2006

A man and his dog, cooperative family, kids working unexpectedly!

3 Beautiful Things
  • Met a nice ex-pat English man and his diabetic dog this morning. The chat was so nice in the middle of a long walk all by myself.
  • Finding Sarah and Aaron up and dressed when I got back! Yeah no nagging!
  • The boys who are normally allergic to any work sat quietly in class (ok maybe not too quietly and I sat with them) and completed a WHOLE page of writing. A story about Hallowe'en no less.


Sarah and I had a wonderful time Trick or Treating. We met lots of people and Sarah collected lots of lollies. We had one group visit before we left but it looks like others came and helped themselves to the treats we left for them out the front. We walked all the way to Geoff and Sue's only to find they were out. So we wished Bandit a happy Hallowe'en. It was great visiting the family around the corner who decorate really well and to the see the excitement on the little kids faces. Sarah was really embarrassed to go up and knock on doors but the magic of sweet treats made the shyness vanish into the night. Max also enjoyed the long walk and hoped someone would slip him something yummy. I should have bought some of the treats from Pet Panache on the weekend to give him, although he does still have some carob drops. How gorgeous does Sarah look in her costume? I hope she had a great time tonight, I really think she did. Getting her to bed was a bit tricky as she was still so excited. I love that sometimes it is just the two of us and we get to do fun things like decorate for Hallowe'en and dress up. I'm really proud too of how she behaved tonight, her excellent manners when visiting and how appreciative she was of the effort that was made for her. She is a good little girl at heart.House Update:


















The painters seemed to have enjoyed their muffins today as they worked very hard in the house, or so it looks through the windows. The colours inside look great and the door frames etc seem to have had more attention today. I wish I could get inside to have a look. The garage door has been put on...very nice and a pleasant surprise too. I can't see if they've plastered up the little extra hole in there. We also have fencing completed on all three sides.



















I'm still impressed with Aaron's powers of persuasion, and with the speed at which the contractors could drop everything and put it up so quickly after Aaron's little chat. There is room to fit my car down one side and still a metre and a half on the other. The back garden is bigger than I expected (although smaller than I am use to), fortunately, by the time we add decking, box up areas of mulch for Sarah's swings and trampoline and create the vegie garden and Sarah's fairy garden, we shouldn't have to have too much ( if any) grass to worry about. Just as well really as you can't water lawns as of tomorrow. The back door of the garage has also been painted.



















Hello good folks at Metricon I hope you enjoyed today's update. Feel free to leave comments.

No comments: