October 29, 2006

Indian necklace, glowing embers against an evening sky, a rare compliment...

3 Beautiful Things
  • The amazing necklace that my mum gave me today. Grandad brought it back from India before mum was born. It is so beautiful; square stones with amazing colours through them.
  • The glowing embers of fires as people finish burning off for the day. As much as the choking smoke during the day frustrates me, the piles of embers in the evening as I'm walking through the village look warm and inviting and I even love the smell.
  • Compliments on my cooking...a very rare occurence...especially when Peter said I made the best shepherd's pie he'd ever eaten. Alas, I will never know as I'm a vegetarian.
House update:

I love the paint, it is a lovely, warm, neutral colour. It isn't ultra modern or over the top so it won't date and looks classy. Aaron and Peter had fun finding the location of the cables, punching holes in the plaster and pulling cables through. Only one mishap fortunately. I chatted to our neighbours (3 different lots) which is nice as I am enjoying the community feel as one by one our houses are being finished off and people are moving in. Mum enjoyed her tour of the house and was impressed at how much had occurred since her last visit. We enjoyed a picnic lunch on the kitchen bench...hooray lunch in my new kitchen, and we enjoyed visits from Tigger and Jo-Jo.
Thanks Peter for all your help today!
Early night tonight as daylight savings has kicked in. Getting the girl up in the morning is sure to be tricky but she's been much happier lately, maybe it's the early nights and lack of junk food. Of course I can't control what she eats 24/7 but I can see the difference it is making. She may grumble when I say no to lollies, coke and chips and that may well make me the wicked step-mother, but she is beginning to recognise that people who really love her care about her health and well-being not just being popular.

No comments: