October 07, 2006

Never Never Land



I know last weekend I promised you more on the "house" but, well, there isn't much to tell. I haven't been down since early in the week and I no longer feel excited visiting all the time.
It really is a case of living in Never Never Land because I feel like it's never ever going to be finished. We certainly won't be in before Christmas so it was pointless changing jobs mid year!
Apparently there is a hold up with plumbing supplies which means the plasterers can't completely finish their work. For some reason this means cabinets can't be delivered. Why there is a hold up I don't know, we picked everything in December last year so they should have some sort of standby ordering system, and why they can't start putting in kitchen cabinets or rendering the portico or something that shows progress is beyond me. Maybe I'll visit mum tomorrow and stick my head in, but I think I'm more likely to just drive past.
I no longer even refer to it as a house but a construction site.

Thinking of building???? DON'T DO IT!!!!

Bye for now

Wendy

PS: Only one week to go for the Walk for a Cure. I have a few donations but no on-line sponsors so PLEASE visit my sponsorship page (in the links on side panel) and donate to this fabulous cause.

No comments: