October 28, 2006

sick day, shop-in-waiting, shiny things & jeans, spuds, chai

3 Beautiful Things for Friday
  • bad belly overnight and in early morning meant I had to skive off work as there are somethings you can't run off to do in the middle of teaching 26 teens - however, this meant rolling back to sleep under the snuggly warm covers, when the rain came in I felt extra cozy!!!
  • feeling better by late afternoon I wandered over to Pet Panache (closed for relocation) and organised dog and cat combs and brushes in a display. Sue loved it and I got to live out the childhood fantasy of working in a shop...maybe one day
  • Wandered down to Knox in the evening and found the perfect shiny thing to replace the old shiny thing. It was the first one I tried on, it fitted perfectly and was just the right shape for me. Then spent a half hour trying on lots more. Still not 100% certain though (arrrggghhh)

3 Beautiful Things for Saturday
  • Wearing my old old jeans without suffocating
  • They've started doing baked spuds at Healthy Habits...unbelieveable as we were whinging about the lack of a spud place just yesterday. I love potatoes sooooooo much (sad)
  • The Chai tea at Starbucks has returned to its former glory...no more weak and watery chai, at last it has some ooomph again
One not beautiful thing today, it finally snowed in Olinda (yes I know it's the last week of October) and I had gone back to bed and missed it..boo hoo, although the hail storm was somewhat impressive

House update:
Had a look on Friday night, bit hard to see the undercoat of paint in the pitch dark, should leave a torch in my car I suppose. Still, it was very exciting and I'll pop down tomorrow with the camera.

MWAH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been reading ur blog regularly for the past few days. its very interesting. keep up the good work.