November 23, 2006

gardening, hugs & beesting

3 Beautiful Things
  • Being home early enough to spend time in the garden. Ok so mowing the grass and picking up masses of bark and branches isn't that beautiful but I felt quite good afterwards.
  • Hugs goodbye from a couple of year 10s. It was our last class today as exams start tomorrow. Poor dears.
  • Hoeing into the Bee sting Deb's husband made. Better than any from Hahrndorf that's for sure
House update.
I'm please to report that a significant amount of tiles were laid today. Clearly they have given up on the sparky and started without him. They've just left gaps where his markings are. I hope he can find the downlights ok. Colours look nice against the paint...thank goodness. Keep going lads. I heard yesterday that builders (union members) don't work when it's over 36 c, unless there is aircon. So I'm thinking it won't be long before things start to really slow down. After all, the weather is hotter and Christmas is fast approaching. I've also heard that the two surrounding stages won't be released until a third new stage is ready, apparently this is more cost effective to lodge several at once. I don't know how true the rumour is and I just hope it doesn't slow down construction on the new road into the estate. It shouldn't as they have reached their maximum number of houses in the estate so they are obliged to start. Word is February!!! Yay!!! So that will make getting into and out of the estate much safer and will make it a much easier journey to Sarah's school when we move there in the new year.
As I'm packing I've been getting rid of some stuff that's been cluttering up the house. Mum will have a relatively new tv when I drop it in on Saturday, another friend has a juice extractor as we had two and Dee is about to get a sandwich press to take back to res next year. She'll be popular in her dorm as students love toasted sandwiches!! We also have boxes of tacky crockery, books and clothes heading to op shops and I've even chucked out some ornaments and keep sakes!!!! There is so much to do and although the time is a fair way off I want to be uber prepared this time!

In other news Max's eye problems (hay fever) were probably related to the fact that the grass out the back was reaching my waist. Oops. Anyway I've cut it now so he should feel better. Somehow our bird feeder became airborne and ended up in Tom's garden. He's going to pass it back to me next week but couldn't tonight as he's just had heart surgery. It's a bit tricky for me to get over the fence but perhaps I'll try on the weekend to save him the trouble.

I'm really getting excited about the Inquiry Centre following yesterday's meeting. I can't wait for next year (to a point!!!) It means there's not much point unpacking more school resources in my current desk as I'm bound to be on the move again soon. Unfortunately, I am once again at the mercy of construction workers. But I love my job.

I can't believe November is nearly over. I bought milk today with a December 3 use-by. Not a good sign. Some of the boys at school will be happy as they've been growing fluffy moustaches for movember. It's a charity to raise funds and awareness of several men's health issues: depression, heart disease and prostate cancer (the word prostate always reminds me of that song by the Indigo Girls and the line "I spent two years prostrate to the higher mind...got my paper and I was free." I tend to get the two words mixed up and am still scarred after mum laughed at my -innocently- incorrect lyrics all those years ago!) Just as well it's not something I talk about much.

I've been reading some great exmo blogs and sites lately and have put one link in. It makes me realise how much easier my escape from the big M really was compared with others who have TBM family or heaven forbid live in the factory (Utah). I still have funny moments, like the other week when Vicky said she doesn't mind any religions except the mormons who knock on your door and force their religion down your throat. For a moment I was actually offended and gave her "the look". I then had to explain that I was once one of them (technically still am as they haven't removed my name or even replied to my request) and that unfortunately the brainwashing goes deep so occasionally I get defensive. It soon passed as I downed another coffee, dropped the F bomb and went home to my "living-in-sin" life!

See ya

No comments: