November 20, 2006

Tiles, Company & Congratulations

  • Getting into the house and seeing the newly laid tiles up close and personal
  • Having an extra passenger on the way home, Sarah and I gave the lovely Sagantha (sp?) a lift home. She seems a little homesick for India so I hope we cheered her up
  • Getting lots of congratulations on getting a job for the next 2 years at my current school, I guess the word is out so I don't have to keep it secret any longer :)

My attempts to discover the identity of the mystery bird have so far proven futile, but I'll keep working on it. I really did enjoy flicking through bird books in the library today before the meeting. I will miss the bird life up here when we finally move on, but with wetlands close to the new place I could be in for some treats. Must dig out the binoculars dad gave me.

Quick House Update:
Tiles have been laid on the floors in the wet areas. The purple ones in the big bathroom (Sarah's) look very purple now, just as well it's my favourite colour...Sarah likes it too but would probably have love PINK ones!!!!!!
The paint looks like it needs another coat as we can see the join in the plaster. Best get onto Bruce...the supervisor extraordinaire so he can get them back to finish the job.

Hey it's still November and technically I should be still celebrating my birthday month...guess that's why I had Penang curry and coconut rice for lunch today!!!!

I had a post-exam debrief with my year 11s. Our last class together. Thanks for a great semester guys!!!!! I'll miss you heaps. Enjoy your summer :)

I also just found a comment from Duncan on my cars and hills post. I'm so thrilled he's on the mend! I feel like that night was almost just a dream now.

No comments: