November 05, 2006

Rosella, photos & views

3 Beautiful Things for this Weekend:

  • I looked out the kitchen window yesterday to see a Rosella in an interesting predicament. He was standing where I had left some meat for the Kookaburras and a Kookaburra was standing in the tray of sunflower seeds. The Rosella kept trying to edge his way towards the seeds but the Kookaburra kept telling him off. If I didn't know better I would have thought the Rosella was attempting to explain the situation to the larger, carnivorous bird. Well, eventually the Kookaburra was spooked by something the rosella jumped up, the kookaburra spotted the meat and left the seed tray. Such entertainment, all free!
  • Spending time with mum, going through old photos while looking for photos of dad.
  • Sharing with Aaron the sites along the Cape Patterson Road after visiting dad's grave in Inverloch today.
Wendy's Birth Month:
I don't think I achieved this today or yesterday. Although I did get Aaron to drive me to Inverloch instead of having to drive the whole way myself.
On a sad note: I went out to feed Dale (the rabbit) this morning. I dropped his food in to his bowl but he didn't move. So I picked him some grass - he loves fresh grass and will eat this when he snubs his pellets - still no movement. So I pulled back the tarp to let in more fresh air and daylight and I noticed it was dripping on him and he still didn't move. I picked him up and he barely acknowledged me. I took him inside but had no luck with the carrot I offered him. Poor Dale was looking very unwell. So we took him to the vet and he just lay floppy in my arms all the way down the hill, sometimes looking up at me. As soon as Dr DaSilva saw him he was very honest and said there wasn't anything he could do. So it was farewell to Dale. I had a cry, didn't quite make it out the door so was seen crying in public! All the way to dad's grave I was worrying about poor Sarah and wondering if we should ring her or how we should tell her. Aaron said she's be fine and not to worry. I of course did. So when Sarah got home and I told her I was all ready for tears. What did I get? "Oh, best get fish next time." Ah kids...

House Update: Peter and Aaron measured up today to calculate how much concrete and decking materials we will need.










































No comments: