November 26, 2006

What a beautiful weekend???!!!???

Despite my somewhat melancholic mood last night I'd had a great Saturday and today was no different.
I stayed in bed for far too long on Saturday but finally got up and took Max for a walk. The local Primary was set up for election day but I thought I wouldn't be able to vote because I had Max with me (he was already disappointed because he went to Pet Panache and no one was home) but who did we run into??? It was Geoff and Sue. They looked after Max while I went into vote. I ran past the people with the flyers (only the liberal one gave chase). Of course when I got inside I started to worry about preferences. In the past I've done all the research and considered independents, greens and democrats (all of whom I've voted for at one stage or another in one or other of the houses at state or fed level...I like the idea of balance). However, this time I've focused on the Labour party because of the federal IR laws. I know federal and state are separate but we need someone to protect us at state level against the Howard regime and his desire to take away the rights that our forefathers have fought for and future generations need. So I had to go back outside and get the labour guy's flyer to help me out. At least I only put one number on the big sheet... in the past I've numbered them all.
I walked out and Max was carrying on. A lovely old lady said he was clearly my dog because of the way he was watching me. She was wearing an RSPCA shirt so I could tell she was a lovely person. We went back to PP, Sue and I stopped at the new candle shop, oddly enough Max was happy to go with Geoff this time because he knew he was in for treats. Chatted there for a while then went home.
The troops were still sleeping so I woke them up. Eventually we got going and headed down to the house.
Shock of shocks there was a trady on site. He was fitting shelves and the wardrobes. This meant we could go inside and take photos (currently on Aaron's camera but I will update later). I couldn't believe our luck to see a trady on a Saturday. We were very excited and he agreed with my argument that I need to get lots of new clothes because the robe is so big, in fact he said it would be a waste of his efforts if I didn't!
Saturday night I went to Bec's birthday dinner at Moods. Lovely! I had pumpkin risotto, chardonnay, a delightful Baileys cheesecake and a coffee. It was great seeing my new (ish) work colleagues out of hours so I could get to know them better.
I met Aaron at Mark and Amanda's for a post election party (not Don's party style fortunately). Good news, the libs were soundly defeated!!!
On the way home I heard Graceland by Paul Simon and that's why that line was in my head when I got home. That line really got to me.

Today. Much the same as yesterday. Got up late and walked Max. The wine and food show wasn't where I thought it was going to be so I didn't see the Pet Panache stall at the show. Sorry Sue. Got home and once again they were sleeping.

Today's journey took us to a furniture store to pay some money on our lay-by couches and look at tables. I then dropped Aaron at the swap meet to get cartridges. We then returned to the house to take videos and much to our surprise the portico has been completely rendered and coloured. Apparently they were on site today.. a Sunday!!!! So we were very excited to say the least. So lots more photos and video to be loaded up when I have more time.

The weather has also been lovely. There was some rain yesterday which is great but generally warm and sunny with a light breeze. Perfect Spring weather.

Best get back to my marking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

still waiting on better photos...and now you're teasing us with talk of video.
Have you guessed who this is yet?

Anonymous said...

I've got a fair idea ;p

Amanda said...

dear Wendy,
great to see the progress on the house. Looking forward to walking and talking soon!!
Amanda

Wendy said...

thanks Mandy :) Nearly the hols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!